PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR KURI DEVICE AND SERVICE
Robert Bosch Start-up Platform LLC, Series 1, dba Mayfield Robotics (“Mayfield Robotics,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), the creators of the personal robot Kuri, is committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through the operation of your Kuri personal robot (together with all installed software, “Kuri”), including through the Kuri mobile application and software (the “App”) and all related software, hardware, documentation, and hosted services (collectively with Kuri and the App, the “Service”).
By using your Kuri and the Service, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement for Kuri Device and Service and our Terms of Service.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE SERVICE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We collect information when you register, connect, and use the Service. We will use all the information we collect to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to communicate with you, to monitor and improve the Service and business, and to help us develop new products and services.
The categories of personal information we collect may include:
● Setup and profile information. When you register Kuri and set up your user account, we ask for personal information, which may include your name, phone number, email address, and other contact information, as well as information about your home and family. We use this information to create your account, to communicate with you, and to provide the Service.
● Video, image, and audio information. Your Kuri will collect, record, and process video and audio recordings, subject to your configuration and privacy settings, which are transmitted to the Service. We process this information to respond to your voice commands, analyze information to detect certain events or activities, and provide you email or in-app alerts and communications. This information is collected, processed, and retained so that you may access these recordings from your App or otherwise through the Service.
PLEASE NOTE: You are responsible for ensuring that your use of Kuri and the Service complies with all applicable laws in your jurisdiction, including laws relating to data privacy. For example, you may be required to notify visitors that you use Kuri to collect video, image, and audio data within your home. You confirm that your use of Kuri and the Service will not infringe on the data privacy rights of other individuals.
● Kuri Usage and Environmental Information. We collect information about your Kuri, such as the device identifier, battery life, and Kuri usage history, information about the actions you take to control your Kuri through the Service interface, and your settings and preferences. We also collect information through Kuri device sensors, such as location mapping and obstacle detection. We use this information to collect and analyze statistics and usage data, diagnose and fix technology problems, enhance device performance, and improve your experience.
2. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICE
When you connect Kuri to the internet and/or access the Service through the App, we automatically collect certain types of information about how you access and use the Service as well as information about the tablet, smartphone or other mobile device(s) you use to access the Service through the App. This information may be combined with other personal information we collect directly.
The information collected automatically can include:
● Information about the tablet, smartphone or other device(s) you use to connect to the Service through the App, such as your IP address, browser type, internet or mobile service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We use this information to provide personalized content and information, to perform analytics and detect usage patterns of the Service, to diagnose and fix technology problems, to detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and to otherwise plan for and enhance the Service.
● Location information. We collect information about your location. If you provide the App access to location services on your device, we may collect location data through WiFi, wireless network triangulation, or other methods. We may also approximate your location based on your IP address. We use your location information to personalize the Service, to enhance your user experience, to perform analytics and better understand our users, and to improve the effectiveness of the Service, product sales, advertising, and customer service.
● Wi-Fi and Bluetooth information. We will ask for your Wi-Fi network name and password to connect your Kuri to the Service. We save this information so that you can access and control your Kuri through your mobile device, and so Kuri can connect with our servers to send and process information and to receive and download software updates. We also collect Bluetooth information to connect Kuri to your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information collected to provide, develop, and improve our products and services, diagnose and fix technology problems, respond to customer service requests, and otherwise enhance your user experience. We may use information to contact you and to make recommendations to you about products we think you may be interested in, or to ask you to participate in research or surveys about your experience with Kuri and the Service. We may use information in aggregate or in non-identified form to compile analytics, conduct research, and enhance and improve our technology, products, and services.
We may use third party service providers to perform some or all of these functions. These service providers are restricted from sharing your information in any form which may reasonably identify a specific individual or Kuri, except as necessary to perform their services for us.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH KURI AND THE SERVICE
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
● Our affiliates and companies in the same group of companies as us: Our affiliates and subsidiaries (i.e., any organization or brand we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies may use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Statement.
● Third parties at your request. You may choose to share your information with your friends through email, text, or on various social media networks. For example, you may wish to share video content captured by your Kuri with your friends.
● Service providers and advisors: Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include the collection and processing of information collected through your Kuri and Service.
● Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a Mayfield Robotics-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of Mayfield Robotics assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Mayfield Robotics or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
● Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons. Third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mayfield Robotics, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and data sharing settings. You may update certain of your profile information in the App settings.
Email preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances. For example, if information has been aggregated or is otherwise non-identified or not associated with your account or your Kuri, or information we are required to maintain for legal or business record-keeping purposes.
Location data: You may control location tracking by adjusting your location services settings in the App settings. We may continue to approximate your location based on your device IP address when you access the Service.
6. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Data storage and transfer. The Service is intended only for use in the United States and you may not be able to access the Service from a location outside the United States. Your information collected through our Service will be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Mayfield Robotics or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Keeping your information safe. Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. You use the Service at your own risk. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Mayfield Robotics does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) through the Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under thirteen (13), please contact us at email@example.com.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 400 Convention Way, Redwood City, California 94063.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites, and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact customer service by emailing email@example.com.
11. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, and you should review this page periodically. We will update the “last modified” date at the bottom of this page when we post changes to this Policy. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Continuing to use our Service after we publish changes to this Privacy Statement means that you are consenting to the changes.
This privacy statement was last modified on December 20, 2017.
Effective date: December 20, 2017.